Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hospital Bag

So every day we are getting a little closer to the arrival of our baby girl. The only down side, we don't know how much closer...1 week, 3weeks!?, 5 days, tomorrow?? Just to make sure I've got my hospital bags all ready to go I went through them one more time (turns out I had forgotten a couple things! So glad I checked.). So here is a collaboration of everything I googled/pinterested/asked around about/thought of to pack for those crazy few days coming up.

MOMMY'S BAG

Little bag of goodies: hair bands (I know my hair will be uncontrollable), hair ties, Chapstick/Vaseline, nail file, hair clip. 

I am a sucker for lotion, and so is my husband. So I got the jumbo size to bring along, plus all my toiletries are in travel size so I don't have to worry about packing all these huge bottles and soaps last minute. Then a few nursing pads and nipple ointment. 

Clothing: my going home outfit is super comfy and not tight at all, everything is loose and baggy but still cute. Then a sports bra for if I want to sit in the tub, but still keep some things covered. Nursing bra. And a delivery gown. I'm not sure if I'll use it or not, but it is very loose and so comfortable. Depends on how comfy or not I am in the hospital one. 

My cozy robe (if I do wear a hospital gown I don't want to be walking around with my bum hanging out!). After delivery (and shower and all that jazz) outfit: baggy VS pajamas, easy for nursing and comfortable. Super soft sockies to keep my feet warm and walk around the room in. (I will also be packing my flip flops for the shower, and these bad boys below for the hallways and going home...



Then I have all the basic, least amount necessary, makeup I'll be needing there and put it all in one little box so I can just dump it in my makeup bag and go.

Then what I did not post was a stack of panties and an index card listing everything else I need to grab last minute. For example: iPad, phone, nook, mac, camera and chargers, exercise ball, razor, straightener, blow dryer, hair brush, face wash, pillows, and prenatal pills.


BABY'S BAG

I hear baby's nails are already long inside me and she could be scratching herself. So clippers and such will be useful right away. Everything here is pretty self explanatory, but the Vaseline is for her bum. I hear that if you put it on her bottom after every diaper, once that first poop comes (meconium) it really helps to get it off their skin. Heard it's really sticky and tar like. 

Nursing cover (my wonderful sister-in-law made me this one), bag to put all her toiletries in, and a few extra diapers (the hospital only has one size so it's nice to have variety)

2 swaddling blankets and 4 burp cloths. My mama and I made the burp cloths. :D

They provide a cap for you at the hospital but I just wanted an extra one, and a cute one. Then an undershirt onsie in case it's chilly, but note the hand covers if you don't have mittens!

Take home outfit (too cute!)

A total of 4 outfits, 4 pairs of sockies, and 2 scratch mittens.

Hand sanitizer for visitors, pacifier wipes/spray, 2 different pacifiers (some babies don't like certain brands I guess)

And there you have it! Since this is my first time, I am probably not the best at knowing what will be useful and what won't. But I've researched it enough I think this will be just perfect. Hope it helps any of you mommies to be out there! And for Daddy's bag, I'm not going to post because it's pretty self-expanatory. Just pack as if he was staying at a hotel for a couple days (minus the swim suit).

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you!!!! Word of advice even though you didn't ask for it. Don't cut sweet baby girl's nails just yet! They are still attached to the skin. MOre than likely you won't need nursing pads. Your milk won't come in till like day 3,4 or even 5. They will have a pacifier there for her, and a nursing cover isn't really needed either. Its so hard to nurse those first few days or even weeks, that it is much easier to be able to see everything that is going on. If people are there They can leave, or you can have your sweety cover you up!!! Can't wait to see her!! So excited for you mama!

    ReplyDelete